30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. An information collection notice was published in the Federal Register on September 30, 2011, at 76 FR 60852, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments in connection with that notice.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until January 9, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding any item contained in this notice, especially those regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-8352 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at (202) 395-5806 or via email at email@example.com. When submitting comments by email please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0012 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Alien Relative.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-130; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary:
Individuals or Households. This form allows citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States to petition on behalf of certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States.Start Printed Page 76983
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 690,520 responses at 1.5 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,035,780 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone (202) 272-8377.
Dated: November 5, 2011.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-31582 Filed 12-8-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P