This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/15/2012 at 08:45 am.
The Defense Acquisition Regulations System has submitted to OMB for clearance, the following proposal for collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act (44 U.S.C. chapter 35).
Dates: Consideration will be given to all comments received by March 19, 2012.
Title, Associated Forms and OMB Number: Information Collection in Support of the DoD Acquisition Process (Various Miscellaneous Requirements), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) parts 208, 209, and 235 and associated clauses in part 252, OMB Control Number 0704-0187.
Type of Request: Extension.
Number of Respondents: 573.
Responses per Respondent: Approximately 2.
Annual Responses: 1,144.
Average Burden per Response: Approximately 1.5 hours.
Annual Burden Hours: 1,628.
Needs and Uses: This information collection requirement pertains to information required in DFARS parts 208, 209, 235, and associated clauses in part 252 that an offeror must submit to DoD in response to a request for proposals, an invitation for bids, or a contract requirement. DoD uses this information to—
- Determine whether to provide precious metals as Government-furnished material;
- Determine an entity's eligibility for award of a contract due to ownership or control by the government of a terrorist country;
- Determine an entity's eligibility for award of a contract under a national security program due to ownership or control by a foreign government;
- Determine whether there is a compelling reason for a contractor to enter into a subcontract in excess of $30,000 with a firm, or subsidiary of a firm, that is identified in the List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Nonprocurement as being ineligible for award of Defense subcontracts because it is owned or controlled by the government of a terrorist country;
- Evaluate claims of indemnification for losses or damages occurring under a research and development contract; and
- Keep track of radio frequencies on electronic equipment under research and development contracts so that the user does not override or interfere with the use of that frequency by another user.
Affected Public: Businesses or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions.
Frequency: On occasion.
Respondent's Obligation: Required to obtain or maintain benefits.
OMB Desk Officer: Ms. Jasmeet Seehra.
Written comments and recommendations on the proposed information collection should be sent to Ms. Seehra at the Office of Management and Budget, Desk Officer for DoD, Room 10236, New Executive Office Building, Washington, DC 20503.
You may also submit comments, identified by docket number and title, by the following method:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
Instructions: All submissions received must include the agency name, docket number, and title for the Federal Register document. The general policy for comments and other public submissions from members of the public is to make these submissions available for public viewing on the internet at http://www.regulations.gov as they are received without change, including any personal identifiers or contact information provided. To confirm receipt of your comment(s), please check http://www.regulations.gov approximately two to three days after submission to verify posting (except allow 30 days for posting of comments submitted by mail).
DoD Clearance Officer: Ms. Patricia Toppings.
Written requests for copies of the information collection proposal should be sent to Ms. Toppings at WHS/ESD/Information Management Division, 4800 Mark Center Drive, 2nd Floor, East Tower, Suite 02G09, Alexandria, VA 22350-3100.
Ynette R. Shelkin,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
[FR Doc. 2012-3657 Filed 2-15-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P