This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/15/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Statement of Non-Receipt of a Passport.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0146.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, CA/PPT/PMO/PC.
- Form Number: DS-86.
- Respondents: Individuals who have not received the passport for which they originally applied.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 12,755 per year.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 12,755 per year.
- Average Hours per Response: 5 min.
- Total Estimated Burden: 1,063 hours.
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from February 16, 2012.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Passport Services, Passport Forms Management and Officer, U.S. Department of State, Office of Program Management and Operational Support, 2201 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on 202-663-2457 or at PPTFormsOfficer@state.gov.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
This Statement of Non-Receipt is used by the U.S. Department of State to collect information for the purpose of issuing a replacement passport to customers who have not received the passport for which they originally applied.
Passport applicants who do not receive their passports are required to complete a Statement of Non-Receipt of a Passport, Form DS-86. Passport applicants can either download the form from the Internet or pick one up from an Acceptance Facility/Passport Agency. The form must be completed, signed, and then submitted to the Acceptance Facility/Passport Agency for passport re-issuance.
Dated: February 7, 2012.
Barry J. Conway,
Managing Director for Support Operations, Passport Services, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2012-3696 Filed 2-15-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P