This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/02/2012 at 08:45 am.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end on September 30, 2012. We are asking persons or governmental agencies interested in providing official services in the areas presently served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. In addition, we are asking for comments on the quality of services provided by the following designated agencies: Idaho Grain Inspection Service (Idaho); Ohio Valley Grain Inspection, Inc. (Ohio Valley); and Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (Utah).
Applications and comments must be received by April 4, 2012.
Submit applications and comments concerning this notice using any of the following methods:
- Applying for Designation on the Internet: Use FGISOnline (https://fgis.gipsa.usda.gov/default_home_FGIS.aspx) and then click on the Delegations/Designations and Export Registrations (DDR) link. You will need to obtain an FGISOnline customer number and USDA eAuthentication username and password prior to applying.
- Submit Comments Using the Internet: Go to Regulations.gov (http://www.regulations.gov). Instructions for submitting and reading comments are detailed on the site.
- Mail, Courier or Hand Delivery: Eric J. Jabs, Chief, USDA, GIPSA, FGIS, QACD, QADB, 10383 North Ambassador Drive, Kansas City, MO 64153.
- Fax: Eric J. Jabs, 816-872-1258.
- Email: Eric.J.Jabs@usda.gov.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(c)).
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Eric J. Jabs, 816-659-8408 or Eric.J.Jabs@usda.gov.
Section 79(f) of the United States Grain Standards Act (USGSA) authorizes the Secretary to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services (7 U.S.C. 79(f)). Under section 79(g) of the USGSA, designations of official agencies are effective for three years unless terminated by the Secretary, but may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in section 79(f) of the USGSA.
Areas Open for Designation
Pursuant to Section 79(f)(2) of the USGSA, the following geographic area, in the State of Idaho, is assigned to this official agency.
The southern half of the State of Idaho up to the northern boundaries of Adams, Valley, and Lemhi Counties.
Pursuant to Section 79(f)(2) of the USGSA, the following geographic area, in the States of Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee, is assigned to this official agency.
- In Indiana: Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox (except the area west of U.S. Route 41 (150) from Sullivan County south to U.S. Route 50), Pike, Posey, Vanderburgh, and Warrick Counties.
- In Kentucky: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Henderson, Hopkins (west of State Route 109 south of the Western Kentucky Parkway), Logan, Todd, Union, and Webster (west of Alternate U.S. Route 41 and State Route 814) Counties.
- In Tennessee: Cheatham, Davidson, and Robertson Counties.
Pursuant to Section 79(f)(2) of the USGSA, the following geographic area, the entire State of Utah, is assigned to this official agency.
Opportunity for Designation
Interested persons or governmental agencies may apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of section 79(f) of the USGSA and 7 CFR 800.196(d). Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning October 1, 2012 and ending September 30, 2015. To apply for designation or for more information, contact Eric J. Jabs at the address listed above or visit GIPSA's Web site at http://www.gipsa.usda.gov.
Request for Comments
We are publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to comment on the quality of services provided by the Idaho, Ohio Valley and Utah official agencies. In the designation process, we are particularly interested in receiving comments citing reasons and pertinent data supporting or objecting to the designation of the applicants. Submit all comments to Eric J. Jabs at the above address or at http://www.regulations.gov.
We consider applications, comments, and other available information when determining which applicants will be designated.
Alan R. Christian,
Acting Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. 2012-5245 Filed 3-2-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-KD-P