30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Federal Coal Lease Request.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Antitrust Division (ATR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 14, page 3282 on January 23, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until April 25, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments (especially regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time), suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jill Ptacek, Antitrust Division, United States Department of Justice, 450 5th Street NW., Suite 8000, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—The quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—How to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Federal Coal Lease Reserves.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Numbers: ATR-139 and ATR-140, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for Profit. Other: None. The Department of Justice evaluates the competitive impact of issuances, transfers and exchanges of federal coal leases. These forms seek information regarding a prospective coal lessee's existing coal reserves. The Department uses this information to determine whether the issuance, transfer or exchange of the federal coal lease is consistent with the antitrust laws.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond; It is estimated that 20 respondents will complete each form, with each response taking approximately two hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 40 annual burden hours associated with this collection, in total.
If additional information is required, contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-7170 Filed 3-23-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P