30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 35, page 10558, on February 22, 2012, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 29, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may also be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigration Practitioner Complaint Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form EOIR-44, Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals who wish to file a complaint against an immigration practitioner authorized to appear before the Board of Immigration Appeals and the immigration courts. Other: None. Abstract: The information on this form will be used to determine whether, assuming the truth of the factual allegations, the Office of the General Counsel of the Executive Office for Immigration Review should conduct a preliminary disciplinary inquiry, request additional information from the complainant, refer the matter to a state bar disciplinary authority or other law enforcement agency, or take no further action.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 200 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of two hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 400 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If additional information is required, contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-10174 Filed 4-26-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P