This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/04/2012 at 08:45 am.
In compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.), this notice announces that the Information Collection Request (ICR) abstracted below has been forwarded to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for extension of currently approved collections. The ICR describes the nature of the information collection and its expected burden. The Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period soliciting comments on the following collection of information was published on February 29, 2012 (77 FR 12364). No comments were received.
Written comments should be submitted by June 6, 2012.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeff Gorham, Office of Airline Information, RTS-42, Room E34, RITA, BTS, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001, Telephone Number (202) 366-4406, Fax Number (202) 366-3383 or Email email@example.com.
Comments: Send comments to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725-17th Street NW., Washington, DC 20503, Attention: RITA/BTS Desk Officer.
OMB Approval No.: 2138-0039.
Title: Reporting Required for International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Form No.: BTS Form EF.
Type of Review: Extension of a currently approved collection.
Respondents: Large certificated air carriers.
Number of Respondents: 40.
Number of Responses: 40.
Total Annual Burden: 26 hours.
Needs and Uses: As a party to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Treaty), the United States is obligated to provide ICAO with financial and statistical data on operations of U.S. air carriers. Over 99% of the data filed with ICAO is extracted from the air carriers' Form 41 submissions to BTS. BTS Form EF is the means by which BTS supplies the remaining 1% of the air carrier data to ICAO.
The Confidential Information Protection and Statistical Efficiency Act of 2002 (44 U.S.C. 3501), requires a statistical agency to clearly identify information it collects for non-statistical purposes. BTS hereby notifies the respondents and the public that BTS uses the information it collects under this OMB approval for non-statistical purposes including, but not limited to, publication of both Respondent's identity and its data, submission of the information to agencies outside BTS for review, analysis and possible use in regulatory and other administrative matters.
Comments are invited on: Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Department concerning consumer protection. Comments should address whether the information will have practical utility; the accuracy of the Department's estimate of the burden of the proposed information collection; ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Issued in Washington, DC on May 1, 2012.
Director, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Research and Innovative Technology Administration.
[FR Doc. 2012-10909 Filed 5-4-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-HY-P