This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/09/2012 at 08:45 am.
60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Application for Regional Center under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995. This information collection notice is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until July 9, 2012.
During this 60-day period, USCIS will be evaluating whether to revise the Application for Regional Center Under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program, Form I-924. Should USCIS decide to revise the Application for Regional Center Under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program, Form I-924, we will advise the public when we publish the 30-day notice in the Federal Register in accordance with the PRA. The public will then have 30 days to comment on any revisions to the Application for Regional Center Under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program, Form I-924.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the DHS, USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8518 or via email at USCISFRComment@dhs.gov. When submitting comments by email, please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0061 in the subject box.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Regional Center Under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-924; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households, for-profit organizations, and not-for-profit organizations. This collection will be used by individuals, for-profit organizations, and not-for-profit organizations to file a request for USCIS approval and designation as a regional center on behalf of an entity under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 278 responses filing Form I-924 at 40 hours per response; and 192 responses filing Form I-924A at 3 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 11,696 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
Dated: May 7, 2012.
Acting Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-11318 Filed 5-9-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P