This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/17/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of pending U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the Office of Management and Budget's (OMB's) approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 51—Environmental Protection Regulations for Domestic Licensing and Related Regulatory Functions.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0021.
3. How often the collection is required: Upon submittal of an application for a construction permit, operating license, operating license renewal, early site review, design certification review, decommissioning or termination review, or manufacturing license, or upon submittal of a petition for rulemaking.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Licensees and applicants requesting approvals for actions proposed in accordance with the provisions of 10 CFR Parts 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 40, 50, 52, 54, 60, 61, 70, and 72.
5. The number of annual respondents: 97.31.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 178,140.
7. Abstract: The NRC's regulations at 10 CFR Part 51 specifies information to be provided by applicants and licensees so that the NRC can make determinations necessary to adhere to the policies, regulations, and public laws of the United States, which are to be interpreted and administered in accordance with the policies set forth in the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended.
Submit, by (insert date 60 days after publication in the Federal Register), comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's public Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC's public Web site for 60 days after the signature date of this document. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2012-0066. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2012-0066. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 11th day of May 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-12042 Filed 5-17-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P