This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/24/2012 at 08:45 am.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled Process and Impact Evaluation of the Minnesota Reading Corps (MRC) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Scott Richardson, at (202) 606-6903 or email to email@example.com. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on March 9, 2012. This comment period ended May 8, 2012. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: CNCS is seeking approval of the MRC feasibility and process assessment survey instruments, which are used by beneficiaries of and participants in the structured preK-3 literacy tutoring program implemented by AmeriCorps members serving in Minnesota schools and preschool centers. This project will deepen CNCS's understanding of the MRC model and the program's impact on tutees' educational and other outcomes. This project will also assess the effect of the Minnesota Reading Corps on AmeriCorps member outcomes.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Process and Impact Evaluation of the Minnesota Reading Corps.
OMB Number: TBD.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current beneficiaries of and participants in the Minnesota Reading Corps program.
Total Respondents: 2895.
Average Time per Response: 45 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 2171.25 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Dated: May 22, 2012.
Deputy Chief of Staff for Management.
[FR Doc. 2012-12836 Filed 5-24-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P