Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on February 9, 2012 (77 FR 6827).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 7, “Application for NRC Export or Import License, Amendment, Renewal or Consent Request(s).”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0027.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 7.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion; for each separate export, import, amendment, and renewal license or consent request.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Any person in the U.S. who wishes to export or import (a) nuclear material and equipment or byproduct material subject to the requirements of a specific license; (b) amend a license; (c) renew a license, and (d) for requests for consent to export Category 1 quantities of byproduct material.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 120.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 120.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 288.
10. Abstract: Persons in the U.S. wishing to export or import nuclear material or equipment, or byproduct material requiring a specific authorization, amend or renew a license, or wishing to request consent to export Category 1 quantities of byproduct material must file an NRC Form 7 application. The NRC Form 7 application will be reviewed by the NRC and by the Executive Branch, and if applicable statutory, regulatory, and policy considerations are satisfied, the NRC will issue an export, import, amendment, renewal license or notice of consent.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by July 12, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0027), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 5th day of June, 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-14166 Filed 6-11-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P