30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.
On June 7, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published an information collection notice in the Federal Register at 77 FR 33758 by error due to an incorrect submission. This document corrects and replaces the document that erroneously published on June 7, 2012, at 77 FR 33758.
DHS, USCIS will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on March 13, 2012, at 77 FR 14817, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received two comments and acknowledges receipt of the comments in the supporting statement (item 8) posted at www.Regulations.gov.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 16, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to DHS, and to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, USCIS, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via email at USCISFRComment@dhs.gov or via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.Regulations.gov under e-Docket number USCIS-2006-0009, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via email@example.com. When submitting comments by email please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0045 in the subject box.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning the extension of this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833).
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-829. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. This form is used by a conditional resident alien entrepreneur who obtained such status through a qualifying investment, to apply to remove conditions on his or her conditional residence, and on the conditional residence for his or her spouse and children.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,500 responses at 1.08 hours (65 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,620 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of this information collection instrument, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.Regulations.gov. If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, telephone (202) 272-8377.
Dated: June 12, 2012.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-14637 Filed 6-14-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P