This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/24/2012 at 08:45 am.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 18, 2012, at 77 FR 23271, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive comments in response to this information collection notice.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until August 24, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, Clearance Office, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via email at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by email, please make sure to include the OMB Control Number 1615-0072 in the subject box. Comments may also be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.Regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number USCIS-2008-0077.
All submissions received must include the agency name and Docket ID. Regardless of the method used for submitting comments or material, all submissions will be posted, without change, to the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov, and will include any personal information you provide. Therefore, submitting this information makes it public. You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make to DHS. DHS may withhold information provided in comments from public viewing that it determines may impact the privacy of an individual or is offensive. For additional information, please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning the extension of the Form I-881. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833).
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Suspension of Deportation or Special Rule Cancellation of Removal (Pursuant to Section 203 of Public Law 105-100, NACARA).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-881; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. Form I-881 is used by a nonimmigrant to apply for suspension of deportation or special rule cancellation of removal. The information collected on this form is necessary in order for USCIS to determine if it has jurisdiction over an individual applying for this release as well as to elicit information regarding the eligibility of an individual applying for release.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 6,272 responses (I-881) at 12 hours per response and 4,329 responses in connection with the biometrics collection at .167 hours (10 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 75,987 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone 202-272-1470.
Dated: July 19, 2012.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-18143 Filed 7-24-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P