This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/26/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 244, Registration Certificate—Use of Depleted Uranium under General License.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0031.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion. NRC Form 244 is submitted when depleted uranium is received or transferred under a general license. Information on NRC Form 244 is collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Persons receiving, possessing, using, or transferring depleted uranium under the general license established in 10 CFR 40.25(a).
5. The number of annual respondents: 23.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 23.
7. Abstract: Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 40, establishes requirements for licenses for the receipt, possession, use, and transfer of radioactive source and byproduct material. The NRC Form 244 is used to report receipt and transfer of depleted uranium under general license, as required by Section 40.25. The registration certification information required by the NRC Form 244 is necessary to permit the NRC to make a determination on whether the possession, use, and transfer of depleted uranium source and byproduct material is in conformance with the Commission's regulations for protection of public health and safety.
Submit, by September 25, 2012, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2012-0155. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2012-0155.
Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of July, 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-18351 Filed 7-26-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P