Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Hanford. The Federal Advisory Committee Act requires that public notice of this meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, September 6, 2012, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday, September 7, 2012, 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Red Lion Hotel, 1101 North Columbia Center Boulevard, Kennewick, WA 99336.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tifany Nguyen, Federal Coordinator, Department of Energy Richland Operations Office, 825 Jadwin Avenue, P.O. Box 550, A7-75, Richland, WA, 99352; Phone: (509) 376-3361; or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE-EM and site management in the areas of environmental restoration, waste management, and related activities.
- Tri-Party Agreement Agencies—Annual Updates
○ U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Richland Operations Office
○ U.S. DOE, Office of River Protection
○ State of Washington Department of Ecology
○ U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
○ State of the Site Meetings
○ Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Site-Wide Permit
○ Integrated Safety Management System
○ 200-UP-1 Operable Unit Proposed Plan
○ Comments on DOE's Response to Preservation of Historical Properties and Artifacts Advice
- Update on Draft Hanford Advisory Board (HAB) Values White Paper
- Fiscal Year 2012 Board Accomplishments
- 2013 Tri-Party Agreement Priorities and HAB Work Plan Priorities
- 2013 HAB Meeting Calendar
- Board Business
○ HAB Budget
○ Potential November Board Meeting Topics
○ Update on the Board Chair Nominating Process
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. The EM SSAB, Hanford, welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Tifany Nguyen at least seven days in advance of the meeting at the phone number listed above. Written statements may be filed with the Board either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral statements pertaining to agenda items should contact Tifany Nguyen at the address or telephone number listed above. Requests must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provision will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Individuals wishing to make public comments will be provided a maximum of five minutes to present their comments.
Minutes: Minutes will be available by writing or calling Tifany Nguyen's office at the address or phone number listed above. Minutes will also be available at the following Web site: http://www.hanford.gov/page.cfm/hab.
Issued at Washington, DC, on August 7, 2012.
LaTanya R. Butler,
Acting Deputy Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2012-19767 Filed 8-10-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P