This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/04/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 110 “Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements for Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0036.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Any person in the U.S. who wishes to export or import nuclear material or equipment subject to the requirements of a general or a specific license issued under NRC authority.
5. The number of annual respondents: 136.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 809.
7. Abstract: Persons in the U.S. who export or import nuclear material or equipment under an NRC general or specific license must comply with certain reporting and recordkeeping requirements under part 110 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR).
Submit, by November 5, 2012, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2012-0176.
You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2012-0176. Mail comments to NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258, or by email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 29th day of August 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-21789 Filed 9-4-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P