The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled 2013 AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by email to: email@example.com.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on May 14, 2012. This comment period ended July 13, 2012. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: CNCS is seeking approval of 2013 AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions which is used by applicants for AmeriCorps funding to apply for AmeriCorps State and National funding.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: 2013 AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions.
OMB Number: 3045-0047.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Nonprofit organizations, State, Local and Tribal.
Total Respondents: 654.
Average Time per Response: 24 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 15,696 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Dated: September 5, 2012.
Jennifer Bastress Tahmasebi,
Deputy Director, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. 2012-22444 Filed 9-11-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P