This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/19/2012 at 08:45 am.
Draft NUREG; request for public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC or the Commission) is requesting public comment on Chapter 7, Instrumentation and Control Systems, augmenting NUREG-1537, Part 1, “Guidelines for Preparing and Reviewing Applications for the Licensing of Non-Power Reactors: Format and Content,” for instrumentation and control upgrades and NUREG-1537, Part 2, “Guidelines for Preparing and Reviewing Applications for the Licensing of Non-Power Reactors: Standard Review Plan and Acceptance Criteria,” for instrumentation and control upgrades. This draft chapter of NUREG-1537, Part 1 and Part 2, provides revised guidance for preparing and reviewing applications to amend a facility operating license for I&C upgrades.
Comments may be submitted by December 4, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may access information and comment submissions related to this document, which the NRC possesses and are publically available, by searching on http://www.regulations.gov under Docket ID NRC-2012-0167. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0167. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Duane A. Hardesty, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Washington, DC 20005-0001; telephone: 301-415-3724; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2012-0167 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access information related to this document by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0167.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly-available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft Chapter of NUREG-1537 are located in ADAMS as follows: Part 1, Chapter 7 (ADAMS Accession No. ML12254A024) and Part 2, Chapter 7 (ADAMS Accession No. ML12254A017).
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2012-0167 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. The NRC posts all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as entering the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information in their comment submissions that they do not want to be publicly disclosed. Your request should state that the NRC will not edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC is issuing this notice to solicit public comment on Chapter 7, Instrumentation and Control System, augmenting NUREG-1537, Part 1, “Guidelines for Preparing and Reviewing Applications for the Licensing of Non-Power Reactors: Format and Content,” for Instrumentation and Control upgrades and NUREG-1537, Part 2, “Guidelines for Preparing and Reviewing Applications for the Licensing of Non-Power Reactors: Standard Review Plan and Acceptance Criteria,” for Instrumentation and Control upgrades. After the NRC staff considers public comments, it will make a determination regarding issuance of the final NUREG.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of September 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission,
Linh N. Tran,
Acting Chief, Research and Test Reactors Licensing Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2012-23326 Filed 9-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P