60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until December 24, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gary Schaible, National Firearms Act Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application to Transport Interstate or Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms Act (NFA) Firearms.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5320.20. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None.
Need for Collection
The information is used by ATF to determine the lawful transportation of an NFA firearm and/or to pursue the criminal investigation into an unregistered NFA firearm.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 4400 respondents will complete a 20 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There is an estimated 1467 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-508, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: September 19, 2012
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-23465 Filed 9-21-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P