In accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Engineering Advisory Committee Meeting. #1170.
Date/Time: October 17, 2012: 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., October 18, 2012: 7:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1235, Arlington, Virginia 22203.
Type Of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Deborah Young, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 505, Arlington, Virginia 22203 703/292-8300.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice, recommendations and counsel on major goals and policies pertaining to engineering programs and activities.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012—8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Division of Civil, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI) Overview
- CMMI Committee of Visitors Report
- Introduction to ENG Strategic Activities
- Panel and Discussion on Advanced Manufacturing
- Division of Chemical, Bioengineering, Environmental, and Transport Systems (CBET) Overview
- CBET Committee of Visitors Report
- Panel and Discussion on Developing Next-generation Engineers
- Future Opportunities and Challenges for Engineering
Thursday, October 18, 2012—7:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Welcome from Subra Suresh, NSF Director, and Cora Marrett, NSF Deputy Director
- Panel and Discussion on Neuroscience and Engineering
- Roundtable on ENG Strategic Activities and Recommendations
- Recognition, Closing Remarks, and Wrap Up
Dated: September 25, 2012.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2012-23881 Filed 9-27-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P