Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, Willow Road (FAP 305) between Illinois Route 43 (Waukegan Road) and Interstate 94 (Edens Expressway) in Cook County, Illinois. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before March 10, 2013. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 150 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Norman R. Stoner, P.E., Division Administrator, Federal Highway Administration, 3250 Executive Park Drive, Springfield, Illinois 62703, Phone: (217) 492-4600, Email address: Norman.Stoner@dot.gov. The FHWA Illinois Division Office's normal business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. You may also contact Mr. John A. Fortmann, P.E., Illinois Department of Transportation, Deputy Director of Highways, Acting Region One Engineer, 201 West Center Court, Schaumburg, Illinois 60196, Phone: (847) 705-4000. The Illinois Department of Transportation Region One's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of Illinois: reconstruct and widen Willow Road (FAP 305) from Illinois Route 43 (Waukegan Road) to Interstate 94 (Edens Expressway), a distance of approximately 1.8 miles including replacing the bridge over the Middle Fork North Branch of the Chicago River. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Environmental Assessment (EA) for the project approved on March 28, 2012, the Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) issued on September 14, 2012, and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The EA, FONSI, and other documents in the FHWA administrative record file are available by contacting the FHWA or the Illinois Department of Transportation at the addresses provided above. The EA and FONSI and all other supporting documentation can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at www.willowroadfuture.org.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351] Federal-Aid Highway Act [23 U.S.C. 109 and 23 U.S.C. 128].
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303 and 23 U.S.C. 138].
4. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act (AHPA) [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)].
6. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536]; Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act (Section 401 and 404) [33 U.S.C. 1251-1377]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287].
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898 Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
Issued on: October 1, 2012.
Norman R. Stoner,
Division Administrator, Springfield, Illinois.
[FR Doc. 2012-24700 Filed 10-10-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P