The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed revision of the National Service Trust Enrollment Form and National Service Trust Exit Form to update the burden hour information and the Privacy Act statements. Applicants and program staff respond to the questions included in this ICR to enroll in the National Service Trust and to document their service upon completion.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by December 31, 2012.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, ATTN: Bruce Kellogg, 8309C, 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3492, Bruce Kellogg.
(4) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bruce Kellogg, (202) 606-6954, or by email at email@example.com.
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The Enrollment Form is used by AmeriCorps members and program staff to enroll in the National Service Trust. The Exit Form is used by AmeriCorps members and program staff to document the completion of their term of service. This information is also collected electronically.
CNCS seeks only to revise the burden hour information to reflect current volume and to amend the Privacy Act statements in these forms.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on September 30, 2013.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: National Service Trust Enrollment and Exit Forms.
OMB Number: 3045-0006.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: AmeriCorps members and program staff.
Total Respondents: 81,000 (Enrollments) and 79,000 (Exits).
Frequency: Once per form.
Average Time per Response: Averages 10 minutes per form.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 13,500 hours (Enrollment) and 13,166.67 (Exit).
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
Dated: October 25, 2012.
Chief Trust Operations.
[FR Doc. 2012-26785 Filed 10-30-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P