Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 14, 2012.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Part 140 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0039.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion, as needed for the licensees to meet their responsibilities called for in Sections 170 and 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (the Act).
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees authorized to operate reactor facilities in accordance with 10 CFR part 50, or a holder of a combined license under 10 CFR part 52, and licensees authorized to construct and operate a uranium enrichment facility in accordance with 10 CFR Parts 40 and 70.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1.67.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 8.
10. Abstract: Part 140 of the NRC's regulations specifies information to be submitted by licensees to enable the NRC to assess (a) the financial protection required of licensees and for the indemnification and limitation of liability of certain licensees and other persons pursuant to Section 170 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and (b) the liability insurance required of uranium enrichment facility licensees pursuant to Section 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by December 14, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0039), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 7th day of November 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-27641 Filed 11-13-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P