This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/16/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to December 19, 2012.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Michelle Hale who may be reached on 202-632-6312 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title of Information Collection: Humphrey Evaluation Survey.
- OMB Control Number: None.
- Type of Request: New Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division (ECA/P/V).
- Form Number: SV2012-0003.
- Respondents: Foreign Humphrey participants between 1979 and 2009.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,200.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 648.
- Average Time per Response: 30 minutes per response.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 324 hours.
- Frequency: One time.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: This request for a new information collection will allow ECA/P/V to conduct a descriptive survey of the exchange participants in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program between 1979 and 2009. This study is authorized by the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, as amended (also known as the Fulbright-Hays Act) (22 U.S.C. 2451 et seq.). Collecting this data will help ECA/P/V examine what Fellows have been doing post-program, their roles in critical areas of change at work, and in their fields of study, and how the Program affected their work. Data collections efforts will be conducted via electronic survey.
Methodology: All data will be collected electronically via SurveyGizmo, an on-line surveying tool.
Dated: November 9, 2012.
Director of the Office of Policy and Evaluation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2012-28059 Filed 11-16-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P