This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/19/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on July 27, 2012 (77 FR 44290).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 244, Registration Certificate—Use of Depleted Uranium Under General License.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0031.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 244.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion. NRC Form 244 is submitted when depleted uranium is received or transferred under a general license. Information on NRC Form 244 is collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Persons receiving, possessing, using, or transferring depleted uranium under the general license established in 10 CFR 40.25(a).
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 23.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 23.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 23.
10. Abstract: Part 40 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), establishes requirements for licenses for the receipt, possession, use, and transfer of radioactive source and byproduct material. The NRC Form 244 is used to report receipt and transfer of depleted uranium under general license, as required by Section 40.25. The registration certification information required by the NRC Form 244 is necessary to permit the NRC to make a determination on whether the possession, use, and transfer of depleted uranium source and byproduct material is in conformance with the Commission's regulations for protection of public health and safety.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by December 20, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0031), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov, or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 14th day of November, 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-28187 Filed 11-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P