This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/23/2012 at 8:45 am.
30-day notice of information collection under review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 181, page 57591 on September 18, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until December 26, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application and Permit for Permanent Exportation of Firearms.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 9(5320.9). Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individuals or households.
Need for Collection
The form is used to obtain permission to export firearms and serves as a vehicle to allow either the removal of the firearms from registration in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record or collection of an excise tax. It is used by Federal firearms licensees and others to obtain a benefit.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 930 respondents will complete an 18 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 279 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: November 20, 2012.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-28603 Filed 11-23-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P