The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of its Senior Corps Project Progress Report (PPR) (OMB Control Number 3045-0033). The Senior Corps PPR has two components: (1) Narratives and work plans, and (2) the Progress Report Supplement (PRS), which is an annual survey of volunteer demographics and grantee characteristics. The resulting data is used by grantees and the CNCS to track performance, as well as to identify trends and to support management and analysis. In conjunction with the PPR renewal, CNCS proposes to change the PPR reporting frequency of narratives and work plans from annual to semi-annual submission.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by February 8, 2013.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Senior Corps; Attention Ms. Angela Roberts, Associate Director, Room 9401; 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom on the 8th Floor at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3475, Attention Ms. Angela Roberts, Associate Director
(4) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Angela Roberts, (202) 606-6822 or by email at email@example.com.
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The Progress Report (PPR) was designed to ensure that grantees of the Senior Corps' programs (RSVP, Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion Programs) address and fulfill legislated program purposes; meet agency program management and grant requirements; track and measure progress to benefit the local project and its contributions to senior volunteers and the community; and to report progress toward work plan objectives agreed upon in the granting of the award.
CNCS seeks to renew and revise the current OMB-approved Progress Report. In August of 2013, Senior Corps revised its OMB approved Grant Application Instructions. The revised Grant Application Instructions incorporated new standard national performance measures for Senior Corps programs. The revised PPR will align with the new national performance measures, and allow grantees to enter actual data and progress towards plans and targets set in the Grant Application.
The revised PPR will be used in the same manner as the existing PPR to report progress toward accomplishing work plan goals and objectives, reporting volunteer and service outputs, reporting actual outcomes related to self-nominated performance measures meeting challenges encountered, describing significant activities, and requesting technical assistance. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on August 31, 2013.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Senior Corps Project Progress Report.
OMB Number: 3045-0033.
Agency Number: CNCS Form 1020.
Affected Public: Sponsors of Senior Corps grants.
Total Respondents: 1,250.
Frequency: Work plans and narratives: Semi-Annual; Progress Report Supplement: Annual.
Average Time per Response: Work plans and narratives: 4 hours. Progress Report Supplement: 8 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 20,000 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
Dated: December 3, 2012.
Director, Senior Corps.
[FR Doc. 2012-29781 Filed 12-7-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P