This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/19/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 17, 2012 (77 FR 49833).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC's Policy Statement on Cooperation with States at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants and Other Nuclear Production and Utilization Facilities.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0163.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion, when a State wishes to observe NRC inspection or perform inspections for the NRC.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Nuclear Power Plant Licensees, Materials Security Licensees and those States interested in observing or performing inspections.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 70.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 55.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,000.
10. Abstract: States are involved and interested in monitoring the safety status of nuclear power plants and radioactive materials. This involvement is, in part, in response to the States' public health and safety responsibilities and, in part, in response to their citizens' desire to become more knowledgeable about the safety of nuclear power plants and radioactive materials. States have identified NRC inspections as one possible source of knowledge for their personnel regarding plant and materials licensee activities, and the NRC, through the policy statement on Cooperation with States, has been amenable to accommodating the States' needs in this regard. Additionally, the NRC has entered into reimbursable Agreements with certain States under Section 274i of the Act, as amended, to employ their resources to conduct radioactive materials security inspections against NRC Orders.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by January 22, 2013. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0163), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov, or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 13th day of December 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-30678 Filed 12-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P