Notice of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on September 5, 2012 (77 FR 54617).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 398, “Personal Qualification Statement—Licensee.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0090.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 398.
5. How often the collection is required: Upon application for an initial or upgrade operator license and every 6 years for the renewal of operator or senior operator licenses.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Facility licensees who are tasked with certifying that the applicants and renewal operators are qualified to be licensed as reactor operators and senior reactor operators.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1,436.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1,436.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 3,680.25.
10. Abstract: NRC Form 398 is used to transmit detailed information required to be submitted to the NRC by a facility licensee on each applicant applying for new and upgraded licenses or license renewals to operate the controls at a nuclear reactor facility. This information is used to determine that each applicant or renewal operator seeking a license or renewal of a license is qualified to be issued a license and that the licensed operator would not be expected to cause operational errors and endanger public health and safety.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by January 22, 2013. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0090), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 13th day of December, 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-30679 Filed 12-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P