The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning clearance of the Social Innovation Fund Continuation Application Guidance. Social Innovation Fund grantees seeking continuation funding will complete the application. Continuation funding is dependent upon submission of the information requested in this collection.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section March 1, 2013.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Social Innovation Fund, Kirsten Breckinridge, Program Officer, 9613 A; 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC, 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3477, Attention: Kirsten Breckinridge, Program Officer.
(4) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kirsten Breckinridge, (202)606-7570, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Existing Social Innovation Fund grantees submit this information in order to receive continuation funding for their approved grant program. This information provides program staff a full accounting of program progress and informs staff of any anticipated changes to the approved grant program. This information is submitted electronically via the eGrants system and via an excel sheet addendum.
This is a new information collection request.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Social Innovation Fund Continuation Funding Application.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Existing Social Innovation Fund grantees.
Total Respondents: Approximately 20.
Average Time Per Response: 8 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 160.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
Dated: December 7, 2012.
Deputy Director, Social Innovation Fund.
[FR Doc. 2012-31404 Filed 12-28-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P