Postal Regulatory Commission.
The Commission is noticing a recent Postal Service filing concerning the addition of Express Mail & Priority Mail Contract 13 to the competitive product list. This notice informs the public of the filing, invites public comment, and takes other administrative steps.
Comments are due: January 31, 2013.
Submit comments electronically via the Commission's Filing Online system at http://www.prc.gov. Those who cannot submit comments electronically should contact the person identified in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section by telephone for advice on filing alternatives.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Stephen L. Sharfman, General Counsel, at 202-789-6820.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Table of Contents
II. Notice of Filings
III. Ordering Paragraphs
In accordance with 39 U.S.C. 3642 and 39 CFR 3020.30 et seq., the Postal Service filed a formal request and associated supporting information to add Express Mail & Priority Mail Contract 13 to the competitive product list.
The Postal Service asserts that Express Mail & Priority Mail Contract 13 is a competitive product “not of general applicability” within the meaning of 39 U.S.C. 3632(b)(3). Request at 1. The Request has been assigned Docket No. MC2013-34.
The Postal Service contemporaneously filed a redacted contract related to the proposed new product under 39 U.S.C. 3632(b)(3) and 39 CFR 3015.5. Id. Attachment B. The instant contract has been assigned Docket No. CP2013-45.
Request. To support its Request, the Postal Service filed six attachments as follows:
- Attachment A—a redacted copy of Governors' Decision No. 11-6, authorizing the new product;
- Attachment B—a redacted copy of the contract;
- Attachment C—proposed changes to the Mail Classification Schedule competitive product list with the addition underlined;
- Attachment D—a Statement of Supporting Justification as required by 39 CFR 3020.32;
- Attachment E—a certification of compliance with 39 U.S.C. 3633(a); and
- Attachment F—an application for non-public treatment of materials to maintain redacted portions of the contract and related financial information under seal.
In the Statement of Supporting Justification, Dennis R. Nicoski, Manager, Field Sales Strategy and Contracts, asserts that the contract will cover its attributable costs, make a positive contribution to covering institutional costs, and increase contribution toward the requisite 5.5 percent of the Postal Service's total institutional costs. Id. Attachment D at 1. Mr. Nicoski contends that there will be no issue of market dominant products subsidizing competitive products as a result of this contract. Id.
Related contract. The Postal Service included a redacted version of the related contract with the Request. Id. Attachment B. The contract is scheduled to become effective on the first business day following the date that the Commission issues all regulatory approvals. Id. at 5. The contract will expire 5 years from the effective date. Id. at 6. The Postal Service represents that the contract is consistent with 39 U.S.C. 3633(a). Id. Attachment D.
The Postal Service filed much of the supporting materials, including the related contract, under seal. Id. Attachment F. It maintains that the redacted portions of the contract, customer-identifying information, and related financial information should remain confidential. Id. at 3. This information includes the price structure, underlying costs and assumptions, pricing formulas, information relevant to the customer's mailing profile, and cost coverage projections. Id. The Postal Service asks the Commission to protect customer-identifying information from public disclosure indefinitely. Id. at 7.
II. Notice of Filings
The Commission establishes Docket Nos. MC2013-34 and CP2013-45 to consider the Request pertaining to the proposed Express Mail & Priority Mail Contract 13 product and the related contract, respectively.
Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Postal Service's filings in the captioned dockets are consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632, 3633, or 3642, 39 CFR 3015.5, and 39 CFR part 3020, subpart B. Comments are due no later than January 31, 2013. The public portions of these filings can be accessed via the Commission's Web site (http://www.prc.gov).
The Commission appoints Lyudmila Y. Bzhilyanskaya to serve as Public Representative in these dockets.
III. Ordering Paragraphs
It is ordered:
1. The Commission establishes Docket Nos. MC2013-34 and CP2013-45 to consider the matters raised in each docket.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, Lyudmila Y. Bzhilyanskaya is appointed to serve as an officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public in these proceedings.
3. Comments by interested persons in these proceedings are due no later than January 31, 2013.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this order in the Federal Register.
End Supplemental Information
By the Commission.
Shoshana M. Grove,
[FR Doc. 2013-01906 Filed 1-29-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7710-FW-P