This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/31/2013 at 08:45 am.
This notice amends Part R of the Statement of Organization, Functions and Delegations of Authority of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) (60 FR 56605, as amended November 6, 1995; 67 FR 46519, as last amended Wednesday, September 30, 2009; 74 FR 50227). This Order of Succession supersedes the Order of Succession for the Administrator, HRSA, published at 74 FR 50227, September 30, 2009.
This notice deletes the Senior Advisor to the Administrator from HRSA's hierarchy affecting the order of succession. This notice reflects the new Order of Succession for HRSA.
Section R-30, Order of Succession
During the absence or disability of the Administrator, or in the event of a vacancy in the office, the officials designated below shall act as Administrator in the order in which they are listed:
1. Deputy Administrator;
2. Chief Operating Officer;
3. Associate Administrator, Bureau of Primary Health Care;
4. Associate Administrator, Bureau of Health Professions;
5. Associate Administrator, HIV/AIDS Bureau;
6. Associate Administrator, Maternal and Child Health Bureau;
7. Associate Administrator, Bureau of Clinician Recruitment and Service;
8. Associate Administrator, Healthcare Systems Bureau;
9. Associate Administrator, Office of Regional Operations; and
10. HRSA Regional Division Directors in the order in which they have received their permanent appointment as such.
(a) No official listed in this section who is serving in acting or temporary capacity shall, by virtue of so serving, act as Administrator pursuant to this section.
(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, during a planned period of absence, the Administrator retains the discretion to specify a different order of succession.
Section R-40, Delegations of Authority
All delegations of authority and re-delegations of authority made to HRSA officials that were in effect immediately prior to this action, and that are consistent with this action, shall continue in effect pending further re-delegation, provided they are consistent with this action.
This document is effective upon date of signature.Start Signature
Dated: January 24, 2013.
Mary K. Wakefield,
[FR Doc. 2013-02124 Filed 1-31-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4165-15-P