Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the President's Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA), parts A, B, C, D, E and F for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, David Premo, at (202) 606-6717 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by email to: email@example.com.
Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on
October 19, 2012. This comment period ended December 21, 2012. One public comment was received. The commenter noticed the omission of clarifying information on one of the forms, which has been incorporated in the final forms. The commenter also suggested changing the personal identifying information we plan to collect. We responded that this information is necessary to confirm eligibility and identity.
Description: CNCS is seeking approval of the President's Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA), parts A, B, C, D, E and F, which is used by certifying entities to verify, certify and order the President's Volunteer Service Awards.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: President's Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA), forms A, B, C, D, E and F.
OMB Number: 3045-0086.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: General public.
Total Respondents: 200,000.
Frequency: On occasion.
Average Time per Response: Averages 20 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 66,666.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 24, 2013.
Senior Advisor for Public Engagement.
[FR Doc. 2013-02313 Filed 2-1-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P