This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/27/2013 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to April 29, 2013.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may use the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) to comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Public Notice ####” in the Search bar. If necessary, use the Narrow by Agency filter option on the Results page.
- Email: mailto:Ask-OCS-L-Public-Inquiries@state.gov.
- Mail: (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): U.S. Department of State, CA/OCS/L, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20037-3202.
- Fax: 202-736-9111.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: U.S. Department of State, CA/OCS/L, 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20037-3202.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number (1405-0150) in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional Start Printed Page 13743information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Derek A. Rivers, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/L), U.S. Department of State, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20037-3202, who may be reached at mailto: Ask-OCS-L-Public-Inquiries@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title of Information Collection: Repatriation/Emergency Medical and Dietary Assistance Loan Application.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0150.
- Type of Request: Revised.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS).
- Form Number: DS-3072.
- Respondents: U.S. Citizens applying for emergency loan assistance.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,357.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1,357.
- Average Hours per Response: 20 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 452 hours.
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of Proposed Collection: The principal purpose of the information gathered is to provide an accurate list of U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens receiving repatriation/emergency medical and dietary assistance in foreign countries. The information collected will be used to process the emergency loan, facilitate reception and resettlement assistance in the United States and for debt collection. Respondents are private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad that are destitute and in need of repatriation to the United States; private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad who are in need of emergency medical and dietary. 22 U.S.C. 2670(j) is one of the primary statutes that make the use of the DS-3072 legal.
Methodology: The Bureau of Consular Affairs will be posting this form on Department of State Web sites to give respondents the opportunity to fill the form out online or print out the form and fill it out manually and submit the form in person or by fax or mail.Start Signature
Dated: February 14, 2013.
Managing Director, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2013-04474 Filed 2-27-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P