The Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management (OARM), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 13, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, 450 5th Street NW., Suite 10200, Attn: Deana Willis, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Renewal of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Electronic Applications for the Attorney General's Honors Program and the Summer Law Intern Program.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None. The application form is submitted voluntarily, once a year by law students and recent law school graduates (e.g., judicial law clerks) who will be in this applicant pool only once;
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 5000 respondents will complete the application in approximately 1 hour per application, plus an estimated 600 respondents (candidates selected for interviews) who will complete a travel survey used to schedule interviews and prepare official Travel Authorizations prior to the interviewees' performing pre-employment interview travel (as defined by 41 CFR 301-1.3), as needed, in approximately 10 minutes per form, plus an estimated 400 respondents who will complete a Reimbursement Form (if applicable) in order for the Department to prepare the Travel Vouchers required to reimbursed candidates for authorized costs they incurred during pre-employment interview travel at approximately 10 minutes per form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated revised total annual public burden associated with this application is 5167 hours.
If additional information is required, please contact Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: March 7, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-05608 Filed 3-11-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-PB-P