This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/11/2013 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to April 11, 2013.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, Michelle Hale, ECA/P/V, Department of State (SA-44), 301 4th St. SW., Washington, DC 20547, who may be reached on 202-203-7205 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Gilman Evaluation Survey.
- OMB Control Number: None.
- Type of Request: New Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, ECA/P/V.
- Form Number: SV2012-0008.
- Respondents: All grant recipients of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship who studied abroad during the nine-year period spanning the 2002/2003 and 2010/2011 academic years.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 6,184.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 2,474.
- Average Time per Response: 25 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 1,031 hours.
- Frequency: One time.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
This request for a new information collection will allow ECA/P/V to conduct a survey to provide data not currently available in order to review the experiences of recipients of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Start Printed Page 15802Scholarship grant while they were abroad; study the ways in which they shared what they learned with family, peers, and other community members upon returning to the United States; and investigate whether the international experience factored into their subsequent educational and professional choices. This study is authorized by the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, as amended (also known as the Fulbright-Hays Act) (22 U.S.C. 2451 et seq.). The survey will be sent electronically to all grant recipients who studied abroad during the nine-year period spanning the 2002/2003 and 2010/2011 academic years. Data gathered will enable analysis that can potentially be used to design new programs, improve existing programs, and to inform ongoing and future activities.
The survey will be entirely web-based to ease any burden on the participant. The survey will be distributed and responses received electronically using the survey application SurveyGizmo.Start Signature
Dated: February 28, 2013.
Director of the Office of Policy and Evaluation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2013-05655 Filed 3-11-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P