This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/11/2013 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to May 13, 2013.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may use the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) to comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Public Notice ####” in the Search bar. If necessary, use the Narrow by Agency filter option on the Results page.
- Email: WaltersDL@state.gov
- Mail: U.S. Department of State, 2201 C St. NW., Room #1254, Washington, DC 20520
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Danika Walters, 2201 C St. NW., Room #1245, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on 202-647-1347 or at WaltersDL@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Iran Program Grants.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0176.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Office of Iranian Affairs, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/IR).
- Form Number: DS-4100.
- Respondents: Potential grantees and participants for Iran programs.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 200.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 200.
- Average Time per Response: 1 hour.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 200 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: Awarding grants is a key component of the State Department's Iran policy. As a condition of licensing these activities, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requires the Department to conduct vetting of potential Iran Start Printed Page 15799program grantees and sub-grantees for counter-terrorism purposes. To conduct this vetting, the Department collects information from grantees and sub-grantees regarding the identity and background of their key employees, boards of directors, and program participants.
Methodology: We will collect this information either through fax or electronic submission.Start Signature
Dated: February 25, 2013.
Office Director, Office of Iranian Affairs, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2013-05671 Filed 3-11-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-31-P