This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/15/2013 at 08:45 am.
Farm Service Agency, USDA.
Notice; request for comment.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) is seeking comments from all interested individuals and organizations on an extension without revision of the information collection associated with online registration for FSA-sponsored events and conferences. The information collection is needed for FSA to obtain information from the respondents who register on the Internet to make payment and reservations to attend any FSA-sponsored conferences and events.
We will consider comments that we receive by May 17, 2013.
We invite you to submit comments on this notice. In your comments, include date, OMB control number, volume, and page number of this issue of the Federal Register. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to http://regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
- Mail: Farm Service Agency, USDA, Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Jeff Kerby, 1400 Independence Avenue, Mail Stop 0584, SW., Washington, DC 20250.
Comments also should be sent to the Desk Officer for Agriculture, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503. Copies of the information collection may be obtained from Jeff Kerby at the above address.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeff Kerby, Office of Chief Information Officer, (202) 720-1593. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication (Braille, large print, audio tape, etc) should contact the USDA Target Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Description of Information Collection
Title: Online Registration for FSA-sponsored Events and Conferences.
OMB Number: 0560-0226.
Expiration Date of Approval: 08/31/2013.
Type of Request: Extension with No Revision.
Abstract: The collection of information is necessary for people to register online to make payment and reservations to attend conferences and events. They can register on FSA's Online Registration site on the Internet. Respondents who do not have access to the Internet can register by mail or fax. The information is collected by the FSA employees who sponsor the conferences and events. FSA is collecting common elements from interested respondents such as name, organization, address, country, phone number, State, city or town, payment options (cash, credit card, check) and special accommodations requests. The respondents are mainly individuals who are interested in attending the FSA-sponsored conferences or events. The information is used to collect payment from the respondents and make hotel reservations and other special arrangements as necessary.
Estimate of Annual Burden: 15 minutes.
Type of Respondents: Individuals.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 900.
Estimated Average Number of Responses per Respondent: 1.
Estimated Total Annual Number of Responses: 900.
Estimated Total Annual Burden on Respondents: 225 hours.
We are requesting comments on all aspects of this information collection to help us to:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of FSA, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of FSA's estimate of burden including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected;
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
All responses to this notice, including name and addresses when provided, will be summarized and included in the request for OMB approval. All comments will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Signed on March 5, 2013.
Juan M. Garcia,
Administrator, Farm Service Agency, and Executive Vice President, Commodity Credit Corporation.
[FR Doc. 2013-06105 Filed 3-15-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-05-P