This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/22/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft NUREG; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is revising its licensing guidance for fixed gauge licenses. The NRC is requesting public comment on draft NUREG-1556, Volume 4, Revision 1, “Consolidated Guidance About Materials Licenses: Program-Specific Guidance About Fixed Gauge Licenses.” The document has been updated from the previous revision to include safety culture, security of radioactive materials, protection of sensitive information, and changes in regulatory policies and practices. This document is intended for use by applicants, licensees, and the NRC staff and will also be available to Agreement States.
Submit comments by April 24, 2013. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the NRC is only able to assure consideration of comments received on or before this date.
You may access information and comment submissions related to this document, which the NRC possesses and is publicly available, by searching on http://www.regulations.gov under Docket ID NRC-2013-0052. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2013-0052. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tomas Herrera, Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs; U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-7138; email: Tomas.Herrera@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2013-0052 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access information related to this document, which the NRC possesses and is publicly available, by the following methods:Start Printed Page 17944
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2013-0052.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft NUREG-1556, Volume 4, Revision 1, is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML13073A053.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
The draft NUREG-1556, Volume 4, Revision 1, is also available on the NRC's public Web site on the: (1) “Consolidated Guidance About Materials Licenses (NUREG-1556)” page at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/staff/sr1556/; and the (2) “Draft NUREG-Series Publications for Comment” page at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/docs4comment.html.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2013-0052 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
II. Further Information
The NUREG provides guidance to an applicant applying for a fixed gauge license and provides the NRC criteria for evaluating a fixed gauge license application. The purpose of this notice is to provide the public with an opportunity to review and provide comments on draft NUREG-1556, Volume 4, Revision 1; “Draft Program-Specific Guidance about Fixed Gauge Licenses.” These comments will be considered in the final version or subsequent revisions.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 18th day of March, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Pamela J. Henderson,
Deputy Director, Division of Materials Safety and State Agreements, Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs.
[FR Doc. 2013-06739 Filed 3-22-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P