This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/26/2013 at 08:45 am.
60-Day Notice of Information Collection for Review; File No. 70-009, 287(g) Candidate Questionnaire; OMB Control No. 1653-0047.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), will submit the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 28, 2013.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Scott Elmore, Forms Manager, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 801 I Street NW., Mailstop 5800, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 732-2601.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 28, 2013. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary Start Printed Page 18621for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: 287(g) Candidate Questionnaire.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: 70-009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local or Tribal governments. This questionnaire is used for the purposes of determining whether or not a state or local law enforcement officer will be granted Federal immigration enforcement authority under the 287(g) program. This information is used by program managers and trainers in the 287(g) program to make a decision for a potential candidate to be admitted into the program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 75 responses at 25 minutes (0.416 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 31.2 annual burden hours.
Comments and/or questions; request for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be directed to Scott Elmore, Forms Management, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 801 I Street NW., Stop 5800, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 732-2601.Start Signature
Dated: March 22, 2013.
Forms Management, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2013-07036 Filed 3-26-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 91111-28-P