This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/28/2013 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Indian Affairs, Interior.
Final rule; correction.
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) published a rule in the Federal Register of December 5, 2012, announcing the revisions to regulations addressing non-agricultural surface leasing of Indian land. This notice makes some minor corrections to include the proper indefinite article for the term “agricultural lease” and clarifies two provisions for wind energy evaluation leases (WEELs).
This correction is effective on March 29, 2013.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Elizabeth Appel, Acting Director, Office of Regulatory Affairs & Collaborative Action, (202) 273-4680; firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Need for Corrections
The final regulations addressing non-agricultural surface leasing of Indian land, and redesignating certain sections related to agricultural leases, failed to direct changes to the indefinite article preceding “agricultural lease,” resulting in the regulatory language now stating “a agricultural lease” rather than “an agricultural lease” in several instances. The final regulations also inadvertently Start Printed Page 19100omitted insurance as a mandatory provision for WEELs and the standard language that BIA may treat any provision of a lease document that violates Federal law as a violation of the lease. This document corrects those errors.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 25 CFR Part 162
Accordingly, 25 CFR part 162 is corrected by making the following correcting amendments:Start Part
PART 162—LEASES and PERMITSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
2. In § 162.105, paragraph (a), remove the words “a agricultural lease” and add, in their place, the words “an agricultural lease.”End Amendment Part
3. In § 162.106, paragraph (a), remove the words “a lease” wherever they appear and add, in their place, the words “an agricultural lease.”End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. In § 162.513, revise paragraph (a) introductory text, paragraphs (a)(6) and (a)(7), and add paragraphs (a)(8) and (e) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) All WEELs must identify:
(6) Payment requirements and late payment charges, including interest;
(7) Due diligence requirements, under § 162.517; and
(8) Insurance requirements, under § 162.527.
(e) We may treat any provision of a lease document that violates Federal law as a violation of the lease.
Dated: March 7, 2013.
Kevin K. Washburn,
Assistant Secretary—Indian Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2013-07225 Filed 3-28-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-6W-P