This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/15/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection:
NRC Form 850A, “Request for NRC Contractor Building Access.”
NRC Form 850B, “Request for NRC Contractor Information Technology Access Authorization.”
NRC Form 850C, “Request for NRC Contractor Security Clearance.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-XXXX.
3. How often the collection is required: On Occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC contractors, subcontractors and other individuals who are not NRC employees.
5. The number of annual respondents: 500.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 85.
7. Abstract: Part 10 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 FR), “Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to Restricted Data or National Security Information or an Employment Clearance,” establishes requirements that individuals requiring an access authorization and/or employment clearance must have an investigation of their background. The NRC Forms 850A, 850B, and 850C will be used by the NRC to obtain information on NRC contractors, subcontractors, and other individuals who are not NRC employees and require access to the NRC buildings, IT systems, sensitive information, sensitive unclassified information, or classified information.Start Printed Page 22563
Submit, by June 17, 2013, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0054.
You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0054. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of April 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-08875 Filed 4-15-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P