In accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Advisory Committee for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences (#1171)
May 20, 2013; 9:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
May 21, 2013; 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Stafford I, Room 1235, Arlington, VA 22230
Type of Meeting: Open
Contact Person: Ms. Lisa Jones, Office of the Assistant Director, Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 905, Arlington, Virginia 22230, 703-292-8700
Summary of Minutes: May be obtained from contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation on major goals and policies pertaining to Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate programs and activities.
Monday, May 20, 2013
- Directorate Update: Dr. Myron Gutmann.
- Report on BCS Committee of Visitors (COV).
- Report from SBE AC—Subcommittee on Youth Violence.
- Report from SBE AC—Subcommittee on Advancing SBE Survey Research.
- Discussion with NSF Leadership.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Report from SBE AC—Subcommittee on the Future of the Science and Learning.
- Report from NSF Ad-hoc Advisory Committee on the CAREER Program.
- NSF Strategic Plan.
- Agenda for Future Meeting Dates, Assignments, Concluding Remarks.
Dated: April 24, 2013.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2013-10082 Filed 4-29-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P