This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 06/05/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.Start Printed Page 34135
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: The Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs Requests to Agreement States for Information.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0029.
3. How often the collection is required: One-time or as-needed.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Thirty-seven Agreement States who have signed Section 274(b) Agreements with the NRC.
5. The number of annual respondents: 37.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 3,690.
7. Abstract: The Agreement States are asked on a one-time or as-needed basis to respond to a specific incident, to gather information on licensing and inspection practices or other technical and training-related information. In 2007, the NRC policy changed to begin funding training for Agreement State materials licensing and inspection staff and associated travel to attend courses offered through the NRC training program. The results of such information requests, which are authorized under Section 274(b) of the Atomic Energy Act, are utilized in part by the NRC in preparing responses to Congressional inquiries. The Agreement State comments are also solicited in the areas of proposed procedures, implementing guidance, and in the development of new and revised regulations and policies.
Submit, by August 5, 2013, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0108.
You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0108. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 31st day of May 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-13392 Filed 6-5-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P