The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 52, page 16710 on March 18, 2013, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 18, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officers, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency/component, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies/components estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: OJJDP NTTAC Evaluation Feedback Form Package.
(3) The Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract. Primary: State, Local, or Tribal. Other: Federal Government, Individuals or households; Not-for-profit institutions; Businesses or other for-profit. The Office for Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC) Evaluation Feedback Form Package is designed to collect in-person and online data necessary to continuously assess the outcomes of the assistance provided for both monitoring and accountability purposes and for continuously assessing and meeting the needs of the field. OJJDP NTTAC will send these forms to technical assistance (TA) recipients; conference attendees; training and TA providers; online meeting participants; in-person meeting participants; and focus group participants to capture important feedback on the recipients' satisfaction with the quality, efficiency, referrals, information and resources provided and assess the recipients' additional training and TA needs. The data will then be used to advise NTTAC on ways to improve the support provided to its users; the juvenile justice field at-large; and ultimately improve services and outcomes for youth.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 5140 respondents will complete forms and the response time will range from .03 hours to 1.5 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 470.83 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice, Planning and Policy Staff, Justice Management Division, 145 N Street NE., Room 1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: June 12, 2013.
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-14355 Filed 6-17-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P