This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/16/2013 at 08:45 am.
The Materials Technical Advisory Committee will meet on August 8, 2013, 10:00 a.m., Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution & Pennsylvania Avenues NW., Washington, DC The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials and related technology.
1. Opening Remarks and Introductions.
2. Remarks from BIS senior management and export control reform update including the proposed Routed Export Transactions and Spacecraft Items.
3. Presentation “Beyond Compliance: Nonproliferation and the Private Sector.”
4. Report of Composite Working Group and discussion on (1) feasibility of universal test for modulus and tensile strength for 1C010 and other ECCNs (2) reclassification of fiber-filled pellets (3) LVS values for 1C008-10,1C210, and 1C990.
5. Report of Biological and Pump/Valves Working Group.
6. Report on regime-based activities.
7. Update Feedback.
8. Public Comments and New Business.
9. Closed session to follow.
10. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ l0(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
The open session will be accessible via teleconference to 20 participants on a first come, first serve basis. To join the conference, submit inquiries to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yvette.Springer@bis.doc.gov, no later than August 1, 2013.
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the materials should be forwarded prior to the meeting to Ms. Springer via email.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on October 2, 2012, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 § 10(d)), that the portion of the meeting dealing with pre-decisional changes to the Commerce Control List and the U.S. export control policies shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 § § 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-2813.Start Signature
Dated: July 11, 2013.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 2013-17168 Filed 7-16-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-P