Federal Aviation Administration.
Notice of availability of Final EIS.
In accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA, 42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) and Council on Environmental Quality regulations (40 CFR Part 1500-1508), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is issuing this notice to advise the public that a Final EIS for proposed improvements to Runway Safety Areas at the Kodiak Airport has been prepared and is available for public review. Included in the Final EIS are a Subsistence Evaluation consistent with Section 810 of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act and a final evaluation pursuant to Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 (recodified as 49 U.S.C. 303(c)).
Copies of the Final EIS may be viewed online or during regular business hours at the following locations:
1. Online at www.kodiakairporteis.com.
2. Federal Aviation Administration, Airports Division, 222 W. 7th Avenue #14, Anchorage, AK 99513-7587. (907) 271-5453.
3. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library, 319 Lower Mill Bay Road, Kodiak, AK 99615. (907) 486-8680.
4. Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, 4111 Aviation Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99502.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Leslie Grey, Environmental Specialist, Federal Aviation Administration, Alaskan Region, Airports Division, address 222 W. 7th Avenue Box #14, Anchorage, AK 99513. Ms. Grey may be contacted during business hours at (907) 271-5453 (telephone) and (907) 271-2851 (fax), or by email at Leslie.Grey@faa.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The Final EIS discusses proposed improvements to the Runway Safety Areas for Runway 07/25 and Runway 18/36, which have the potential to result in significant adverse environmental impacts. The FAA has identified the following preferred alternatives to meet the need for improved Runway Safety Areas:
- Improvements to the Runway Safety Area for Runway 07/25: Alternative 2, Start Printed Page 47049involving placement of fill off Runway end 25 and installation of an Engineered Material Arresting System (EMAS) bed on the newly constructed landmass.
- Improvements to the Runway Safety Area for Runway 18/36: Alternative 7, involving a landmass extension to the south beyond Runway end 36, shifting the runway to the south, and placing an EMAS bed to the north beyond Runway end 18.
End Supplemental Information
Issued in Anchorage, Alaska, on July 23, 2013.
Byron K. Huffman,
Manager, Airports Division, Alaskan Region.
[FR Doc. 2013-18537 Filed 8-1-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-P