Start Printed Page 52910
Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning AmeriCorps Application Instructions: Administrative, Program Development and Training grants. State commissions will respond to the questions included in this ICR in order to apply for funding through these grants and to report on progress and performance measures.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by October 28, 2013.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service; Attention James Stone, Senior Program and Project Specialist, Room 9518-B; 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3476, Attention James Stone, Senior Program and Project Specialist.
(4) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
James Stone, (202) 606-6885, or by email at email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
These application instructions will be used by applicants for funding through AmeriCorps State and National Administrative, Program Development and Training, and Disability grants and funded grantees for reporting purposes.
CNCS seeks clear a new set of AmeriCorps Administrative, Program Development and Training, and Disability Application Instructions. The Application Instructions are being revised for increased clarity and to align with national performance measures. The Application Instructions will be used on an annual basis by State Service Commissions to report on progress and apply for funding.
Type of Review: Reinstatement.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps Application Instructions: State Commissions; Administrative, Program Development and Training, and Disability.
OMB Number: 3045-0099.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Nonprofit organizations, State, Local and Tribal.
Total Respondents: 54.
Average Time Per Response: 37 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1,998 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 21, 2013.
James R. Stone,
Senior Program and Projects Specialist, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. 2013-20785 Filed 8-26-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P