This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/03/2013 at 08:45 am.
The Foreign Claims Settlement Commission (Commission), Department of Justice, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 126, page 39325 on July 1, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until October 4, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this Start Printed Page 54483notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Statement of Claim for filing of Claims Referred to the Commission under Section 4(a)(1)(C) of the International Claims Settlement Act of 1949.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: FCSC-1. Foreign Claims Settlement Commission, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. Other: Corporations. Information will be used as a basis for the Commission to receive, examine, adjudicate and render final decisions with respect to claims for compensation of U.S. nationals, referred to the Commission by the Department of State pursuant to section 4(a)(1)(C) of the International Claims Settlement Act of 1949, as amended, 22 U.S.C. 1623(A)(1)(C).
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 500 individual respondents will complete the application, and that the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to reply is approximately two hours each.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated total annual public burden associated with this application is 1,000 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 1407-B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 29, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-21431 Filed 9-3-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-BA-P