This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/03/2013 at 08:45 am.
30-day notice of information collection under review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The revision of a previously approved information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 128, page 40175 on July 3, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until October 4, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Danielle Ouellette, Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Proposed new collection; comments requested.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Police-Led Diversion Programs: National Prevalence and Scope.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Law enforcement agencies through a nationally representative sample may be asked to provide information to determine the national prevalence of police-led diversion programs and provide a portrait of their goals, target populations, and policies. Through a cooperative agreement with the COPS Office, the Center for Court Innovation (CCI, Inc.) will create a representative sample of law enforcement agencies based on data available through the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. CCI will subcontract Start Printed Page 54484with a professional survey research firm to administer the survey.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 3,600 respondents annually will complete the form in approximately 1 hour.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 3,600 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 1407-B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 29, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-21447 Filed 9-3-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P